Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The RED CARNIVAL is public event organised yearly by PT Foundation aiming to raise the public awareness and create opportunity for public engagement in HIV preventions and education work in Klang Valley.
This will be the 3rd significant year for us to host such event and in 2007 RED CARNIVAL, we managed to achieved some significant result as below:
- RM 17,780.00 were raised for HIV prevention work
- 40,000 red ribbons and 30,000 copies of 2008 calendar cards were distributed to public at Sungei Wang Plaza Fiesta Street
- 1,200 members of the public took part in PLHIV discrimination and stigma poll
- 350 volunteers came forward and volunteer at the carnival
Area of Volunteering
- Put up a performance at the Fiesta Street
- Be part of the Mobile Team to give out IEC material, Red Ribbon, Helium Balloon and raising fund through selling of PT merchandise and Red Carnival Donation Box.
- Be part of the Survey Team to conduct HIV Stigma and Discrimination survey with the public
- Be part of the Supplies team to make sure that all that is required for the event is available
Where and When?
Venue: Fiesta Street at Sungei Plaza, Bukit Bintang
Date: 29th & 30th November (Sat-Sun)
Time: Shift 1: 10.00am – 3.30pm
Shift 2: 3.00pm – 7.30pm
How to Volunteer?
- Register with us by giving us your name, both phone and email contact.
- Make any of the following date available for volunteer briefing
o 19th November, Wednesday at 8.00pm. PT Foundation Office
o 20th November, Thursday at 8.00pm. PT Foundation Office
o 22nd November, Saturday at 2.00pm. PT Foundation Office
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
At the point of time when I look at this picture, time flies. And my sister is already 12 years old now, and soon to be a headache to the family just like the brothers. Being the eldest in the family isn't an easy thing, having a younger brother and a younger sister watching every move I make, watching my decisions and how do I behave is the biggest responsibility I would ever have in my hands.
21 years later after Richard was born. My parents head are full with wrinkles when they sleep, especially my old dad. As time goes by, I grow, time waits for nobody. Every second wasted is every second you age. We never stop aging, on the 19th of October 2008, I am like:"fuck, I'm 21 already." My greatest birthday present my parents gave me was the leadership program with asiaworks to kick start my life ahead of me. Thank You Mom and Dad.
And it is there when I have another family that is always supporting me. The meaning of unconditional love was my birthday present my LP family gave me. A tool for me to practice my leader's skills in real life.
The birthday cake my LP bought me and Justin. ^^ Double celebration. Yeap, coming from no expectations of my birthday was the greatest thing one would ever have. Come what may, I would rather have as simple as just a birthday cake and no presents for my birthday. And here goes, this is what my one bunch of lamers gave me one day after my birthday.
They PIMPED MY CAR WITH NEWSPAPERS!!!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Help University College (Jalan Johar)
One day straight after my WOW day, it is my treasure hunt. My 1st event which involves cash and participants. On my way, it was all the thoughts of quiting because of the teams that were only participating. I only have one week, all my plans were having obstacles with the police license, shopping complex managements, and the most headache case was everything stopped during the raya holidays. I feel that one day of holiday will stop things from moving and time is super precious.
0705 – Team Briefing, the last meeting before the event starts. A few team-mates are excited. Zhu brought a friend to be on the support team with him in his check point. At 0710, we are confirming the teams attending and the contents inside the clue cards. At 0750, Richard sent Candy and Steven to McDonalds’ Mutiara Damansara as it will be their check point for the morning till noon. At 0815, Munir, Zhu and one of the support team members went to Kentucky Fried Chicken University Malaya to be ready for the event.
Amir, Siew Wah and Richard were at the starting point and the ending point which is Help University College Jalan Johar Car Park. The participants with their team name CoreZone arrived at 0845. All dressed in red t-shirt, sports shoes, all energetic pumped up and ready to go. The 2nd team arrived with 3 team members at 0850. While waiting for the 3rd team and the 4th team, Richard, Siew Wah and Amir got to know the 2 teams as how they come to know about this treasure hunt.
Richard set the time to be that 0930 the treasure hunt will start and 1200 the treasure hunt will end. It was considerations that on Sunday the traffic is not heavy and that they are able to reach their destinations on time if they have planned their time well. The 3rd team arrived at 0915 starting with 2 members while they are waiting for the 3rd team member.
Treasure Hunting Started
At 0930, the treasure hunt started. The 1st clue and the only clue card in order to acquire the 2nd clue card, which all the 3 teams share were given out. Some of the team members looked confused and that they were wondering what they should be doing in order to get the 2nd clue card. The contents in the 1st red clue card were as given below:
- To win: Collect 5 Full Bags of Garbage.
The 3 teams moved to the 2nd clue. The contents in the 2nd red clue cards are given as:
Hint: The Storage is cold.
To Win: You must have the prices of all these 15 products, re-arrange these 15 products.
· Meadow Lee 500mg Original
· Sunkist Orange Juice 1litre
· Pepperidge Farm Gingerman 142g
· Jasmine Super Special Tempatan 10kg
· Sakura Siam Borago Rice 10kg
· Heinz Apple Vinegar 32oz
· Knorr Sup Bunjut Cube 60gm
· Woh Hup Vege Oyster Sauce 500g
· Kings Baking Powder 100g
· Coca-Cola 1.5 liter
· Howei Golden Mushroom 425g
· St. Dalfour 25’s B’fast Tea Bag
· CS Soldier Set
· Carlsberg Can
· Durex Featherlite’ 12’s
Hint: Crack the code.2:4 3:19 7:2 8:14 11:13 13:1 9:1 8:12 3:11 14:3 11:5 6:2 1:4 7:15 8:3 2:16 5:19 9:8 1:9 14:12 4:9 6:13 1:19 6:11 11:4 7:5 15:21 13:7 12:21 8:12 11:12 3:12 10:8 14:2 8:12 3:12 3:4 9:16 3:6 4:3 8:2 6:4 6:3 11:11 9:6 4:19 14:2 13:1 9:1
------------ It's An Example of My Report-------------
Crack the code if you want. I think it would be fun if I were to blog using codes. Haha!
WELCOME TO KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN UNIVERSITY MALAYA
- To Win: Make sure that one of the group members speaks to a stranger outside of the team for 10 minutes, people who you do not know, before or during the game. Get to know what are the stranger’s dream and goals in his/her life, what would he do to make Malaysia a better place.
- Respect the strangers and do not disturb the public security.
- After you have finished, you will receive another clue from this organizer in KFC.
WELCOME AGAIN, TIME TO COUNT!
Here is a Sudoku, in this game and find out what’s the number for the “X” represent.
2—MCD PJ OLD TOWN
5—MCD MUTIARA DAMANSARA DRIVE THRU
7—MCD MONT KIARA
8—MCD PJ SS2
Rule: Both of the orange diagonals that form the X have all nine numerals, none repeated.
- Then when you have completed, look for the place and then:
- Look for a person who is wearing a blue hat.
And there you have it, Sudoku. A game which gets people headache thinking what should be in the box. But hell yeah, you have just got to solve it one way or another, call your friend at home, look for the internet for sudoku breaking.
WELCOME TO MCDONALDS MUTIARA DAMANSARA
- To Win: Find out what are the flavors that are available in Baskin Robins 31?
- To Win: Find out what was Gandhi wearing on 23 of May 1893? – 50;5 A book by Yogesh Chadha
“Sorry”? or “I love you”?
- Here are mixed with 5 countries language: “Sorry” & “I love you”.
- (Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Danish, German)
- To Win: Find out one of the missing ones among others, write down the spell and come back to here again, you will get where to go next. Good luck!
Undskyld! Ich liebe dich
Eu te amo Te amo Jeg Elsker Dig
The Almost Ending, Photo Shoot
- Look for someone similar to what was Gandhi wearing on 23 of May 1893 or to choose between these 3 groups of people:
i. Family of 7
ii. Senior Citizens with unique cap or unique hat
iii. Couples wearing a same unique shirt
iv. A person wearing a starched white shirt, a black tie, a black frock coat, striped trousers, a black turban and black patent leather shoes.
- To win: Team Members must take a picture with these people, and then you are required to print the picture on a 4R size paper. Example, the photo consists of 4 team members, family of 7, or senior citizen, or couples wearing the same unique, or a person…
- 1 4R photo for yourself, 1 4R photo for the organizers.
- Go back to HELP with all the 5 completed clue cards and the 4R photo.
One Quote From Me: Don't Stop Until You Have Finished The Last Episode.
GOOD DAY AND GOODNIGHT PEOPLE
Monday, October 13, 2008
The Night before the big day, people came together to have the packaging briefing. It was really fun deciding what are we going to do on the next day. We will have go to these little kids' place and then bring them up to Genting for a one full day trip. 100 HIV kids, including orphans from Rumah Pernim, Rumah Soleha, Rumah Wake and Rumah Amal.
100 Goodie Bags sponsored. You have spider man, sponge bob, barbie dolls. All fully loaded with snacks, 2 packet of drinks, party items, food and etc. We arranged the mineral water, what goes in who's car, just that it is so easy to work as a team, instead of having to just work alone. This is moving so smoothly just because of the word team-work. Having yourself to win is just to have the person next to you win as before you.
Spiderman is definitely cool, although I look kinda erm, Happy! Yes I am, I know this thing just came so fast and that my treasure hunt is the day after my wow day. I learnt that everything is possible given you appreciate your time. There is no reason to failure if I were to utilise my time to the maximum, that means waking up at 6am every morning.
Affirmative Jackie. I just love that speaker, just gets me not raising my voice but i can already speak loudly.. hahaha.. Getting everyone together to get ready to go down Genting and back to their respective houses. Heart break though, imagine when you have a kid and the kid you have been playing with the whole day is going to leave you or you will be leaving the kid.
3 year old baby. Very intelligent kid.
He was always busy looking outside of the bus. Checking out the scenaries, wondering what's outside the window. Is it that cold always and do we have to wear jackets everytime we're there.
In the kids mind, everything is a new discovery to them.
My senior. That loving part showed up in her. I will upload more photos after I have collected them. At the mean time, do check out this website and I strongly reconmend photo lovers to check it out. http://tmaxzone.multiply.com/photos/album/85
Good Day; Goodnight.