The RED CARNIVAL is public event organised yearly by PT Foundation aiming to raise the public awareness and create opportunity for public engagement in HIV preventions and education work in Klang Valley.
This will be the 3rd significant year for us to host such event and in 2007 RED CARNIVAL, we managed to achieved some significant result as below:
- RM 17,780.00 were raised for HIV prevention work
- 40,000 red ribbons and 30,000 copies of 2008 calendar cards were distributed to public at Sungei Wang Plaza Fiesta Street
- 1,200 members of the public took part in PLHIV discrimination and stigma poll
- 350 volunteers came forward and volunteer at the carnival
Area of Volunteering
- Put up a performance at the Fiesta Street
- Be part of the Mobile Team to give out IEC material, Red Ribbon, Helium Balloon and raising fund through selling of PT merchandise and Red Carnival Donation Box.
- Be part of the Survey Team to conduct HIV Stigma and Discrimination survey with the public
- Be part of the Supplies team to make sure that all that is required for the event is available
Where and When?
Venue: Fiesta Street at Sungei Plaza, Bukit Bintang
Date: 29th & 30th November (Sat-Sun)
Time: Shift 1: 10.00am – 3.30pm
Shift 2: 3.00pm – 7.30pm
How to Volunteer?
- Register with us by giving us your name, both phone and email contact.
- Make any of the following date available for volunteer briefing
o 19th November, Wednesday at 8.00pm. PT Foundation Office
o 20th November, Thursday at 8.00pm. PT Foundation Office
o 22nd November, Saturday at 2.00pm. PT Foundation Office